Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Custom normals in Poser?

Zombie_Source opened this issue on May 15, 2024 ยท 16 posts

primorge posted Thu, 16 May 2024 at 8:59 AM

Zombie_Source posted at 8:42 AM Thu, 16 May 2024 - #4484826

EVargas posted at 7:17 AM Thu, 16 May 2024 - #4484819

Hi, I remember I had this problem once when experimenting with a hard surface model. Try setting the "crease angle" to zero. See images below: model in Houdini, model in Poser (crease default), model in Poser (crease 0).

That would make the problem worse. Yea, flat surfaces would be flat, but round details would be flat too

primorge posted at 8:38 AM Thu, 16 May 2024 - #4484825

Did you try adding Poser Subdivision?

Subdivision is not solution. Poser works very bad with alot of polygons on the scene, so everything must be as much lowpoly as possible. Plus Poser doesnt have instancing for props, so more geometry eats more memory, and sometimes you wont be able to render the scene just because of too much geometry. Also not many models have topology optimized for subdivision, so again, you'll have to rework the geometry manually

Hmmm. I guess none of the presented solutions suit your particular needs. Can't say we didn't try. You'd be surprised how many polys Poser can handle, but then again that's subjective to individual needs I guess. As far as I know there's no way to manipulate the normals other than what's been discussed already. I'm interested to see if someone is aware of another solution.

Take care.