Forum: Poser 13

Subject: Sahdow color

mini70 opened this issue on May 18, 2024 ยท 23 posts

Y-Phil posted Wed, 22 May 2024 at 3:59 PM

mini70 posted at 11:30 PM Tue, 21 May 2024 - #4485137

I've done a few tests and indeed: at the time of  Poser12, it looks like the shadow seemed influenced by the environment lighting, and it's clearly not the case any more in Poser13.

As a side node, we've been waiting for a true shadow catcher for Superfly since the its beginning. The only other solution is by using Snarly's shadow catcher, but it's not obvious. I've kept a video in which Snarly explains how to use it, among other things.

In the present case, using Poser13 and the round groundplane as shadow catcher: the color of the PoserSurface Node's Diffuse color influences the color of shadows, as well as the other objects' color.
To make the shadows lighter, I see the use of the PoserSurface node's transparency. But use it with caution as the background disappears also. It appears in my scene as I'm not using any 3D ground, other than the shadow catcher.

Here's an example: the same scene, with just the skins and hairs material updated. I'm using Pure White for the shadow catcher's Diffuse color.

Transparency=0:

Transparency=0.2:

But honestly,  don't find it really convincing. 

Here I tried to add an infinite light without shadow, vertically, at 10%:

Detailed view to compare:

๐’ซ๐’ฝ๐“Ž๐“

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ

๐Ÿ‘ฟ Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
๐Ÿ‘ฟ Mac Mini M2, Sonoma 14.6.1, 16GB, 500GB SSD
๐Ÿ‘ฟ Nas 10TB
๐Ÿ‘ฟ Poser 13 and soon 14 โค๏ธ