Forum: Poser 13

Subject: Can I Decimate/Simplify the Geometry file in Poser?

mmitchell_houston opened this issue on May 24, 2024 ยท 13 posts

mmitchell_houston posted Sat, 25 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

EVargas posted at 9:34 AM Sat, 25 May 2024 - #4485274

I believe Blender (free) can decimate while keeping the UVs (so you don't have to deal with fixing textures/materials).

THANKS! I really appreciate the time you took to write out such detailed instructions. Last night I did something similar to what you wrote, but I used Hexagon (already had it installed). It worked on the polys, but blew the UVs away and I couldn't really get any textures to work well after that. I'll read the references you sent me and see if Blender can work for me.

My approach was different in that I duplicated the cr2 file, renamed it and then edited it in Notepad++ to reference the newly created low-res copy of the OBJ file. This approach allowed me to experiment without mucking up the older versions of the file and prop. As I noted in a post above, though, the UVs were blown away and I wound up trying other approaches to simplify the scene.

Dang those trees!

If I cannot get this to work, I'm going to give the Blender method a shot.

Thank you again VERY MUCH!

- - - - - - - - - -
System: 
Alienware m16 R2 Laptop | Windows 11 Home | 64GB RAM |  Intel Core Ultra 7 155H 1.40 GHz | Nvidia RTX 4070 Laptop GPU 8GB 4608 CUDA Cores
mikemitchellonline.blogspot.com   |   Poser Noir Comics Tutorial   |   Illustrations Honored by Renderosity