Forum: Community Center

Subject: I have a Question . . .

Shadow^Mist opened this issue on May 19, 2024 ยท 18 posts

PandaB5 posted Sun, 26 May 2024 at 2:41 AM

Daz can read some Poser files. So it's easier to make a product for Poser and convert it to Daz than the other way round.

But converting isn't that simple:

They read the geometry files differently and also the material files, like normal and bump maps. I've had to remodel a prop several times, because only one of the programs had a shiny or black spot (indicating there's a problem with the geometry).

Sometimes I can see no difference in the render when apply a map regardless of how high I put the setting, in which case I remove it. Someone just converting, would include all those nodes and end up with over-complicated material settings that slows down render times, and has no effect otherwise.

Daz wraps a texture with the seam front and centre. Poser wraps a texture with the seam at the back. You sometimes can't notice a seam in Poser because it's obscured, then you take the product into Daz and the seam stares you in the face.

If there's something specific you want for Poser, you could always request in the Marketplace Wishing Well.

Casual games for Windows PC, browsers and Android devices
https://www.evolutionarycasualgames.com/