Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: V4-Only Store?

freek2 opened this issue on Jun 02, 2024 ยท 26 posts

freek2 posted Wed, 05 June 2024 at 3:24 PM

DeeceyArt posted at 2:56 PM Wed, 5 June 2024 - #4485776

V4 already has pretty much any type of clothing imaginable. But since a good part of it has been made in the Poser 7 and earlier days, it might be better to update what is already there than to convert clothing made for other figures.

By updating I mean updating from legacy falloff zones to weight mapped rigging, and updating FireFly materials to SuperFly. However, the original content creator has to get involved with that because the updates would be derivatives of the original geometry and textures.

I pretty much already have anything related to V4 on offering that I'm interested in. However, there is a ton of more stuff created for all the various and sundry DAZ3D Genesis models - way more than was ever offered for V4 - that are very attractive to work with, but are simply off-limits to V4 modelers. It would be great if someone - anyone - took the onus off of end-users to go through the hassle of converting products, through much trial and error, to varying effect.

Honestly, I haven't seen any advances in Genesis or La Femme figures that made me want to go through the hassle of replacing so much content; it's all so incremental and frankly unimpressive in the long run. People swear by these advances, but then I look at their renders and it just seems like the same basic thing. Further, by the time I would have accomplished all of that there would just be another series of 'amazing' new figures to work with - all with their own proprietary gear. It's basically a shell-game to keep soaking app users, is it not? That's why I'm really surprised to be the sole voice out here looking for decent V4 workarounds.