Forum: Community Center

Subject: Attention Previous Hivewire3D Members!

ShaniaB opened this issue on Oct 21, 2021 ยท 192 posts

tim posted Sat, 08 June 2024 at 1:40 PM Site Admin

Let me attempt a final response on this topic from Renderosity's perspective.  In the last few years, we have dealt with the tragic loss of a developer, COVID disruptions, related economic downturns, unplanned staff turn-over and aggressive competition in the marketplace, all while working to roll out a new and improved version of the site, marketplace and brokering tools for sellers.

We appreciate the HiveWire principals and their Contributing Artists that entrusted us to be their brokers even while dealing with their own tragedy in the loss of a team member.

In that environment, the information required to cross-reference products from the HiveWire store to the same products in Rendo store and automate the population of purchase histories was lost.  Multiple attempts to locate this data were unsuccessful.  Renderosity was left with a highly manual process that involved examining proof-of-purchase emails, etc to populate a customer's purchase history by gifting them all their old purchases.  I'm not sure this process was ever viable, but we attempted it for a time, first by Jenn, then Shania, then other store staff before deciding to stop that effort late last year.

To help the HiveWire principals take care of their customers, we built a vendor tool for them where they could gift past customers the same products on Rendo.  We will make this same offer to any HiveWire Contributing Artists that are interested.  Please open a Vendor support ticket to initiate.

With that, I hope you guys understand the circumstances.  I'm locking this thread as there's little value in continuing to rehash this topic.

-Tim