Forum: The Break Room

Subject: Break Room Forum Carnival Booth

Wolfenshire opened this issue on May 28, 2024 ยท 16 posts

poisinivy posted Mon, 10 June 2024 at 10:33 AM

My best friend & pet we had for 12+ years who recently passed away.  A gray squirrel named "2-spot-squirrel", named for her 2 brown patches on her side. she was a huge clown. 

she lived a long happy life for a squirrel. died in her sleep I found her the next morning in her cubby
She was a live in Pet.  I would leave the kitchen window open for her but she preferred to stay in the house. Though she would go out she would always be back almost as soon as she left. She had lots of  wild squirrel friends.
I had a 6 foot cat condo in the corner of my bedroom she would get up in to sleep in when it get dark and store all her toys (mostly my socks) and food in .
a very friendly squirrel who she thought of herself as a cat more than squirrel.  only time she would give me a bite is when i would try to put costumes on her she didn't like dress up.. she was not afraid of much, we were very lucky , I raised her since she was a baby around 4 or 5 weeks old when we got her,  some guys that were cutting trees had taken down their nest, there was 3 babies.  but she was the only one that had survived. we had to bottle feed them every 2 hours so it was a labor of love. she became very tame. and lived a  happy fun life. As I said she did not think she was a squirrel. and she was a absolute clown & acrobat. who loved people .

She had a heck of a Film star personality, that thankfully i have hours and hours of video and pictures of her. We have a lot of wild gray squirrels on our property  so I am hopeful I may get an another opportunity to get other one friend some day.
so no regrets,  all things must pass 12 + years plus is a long time for a gray squirrel.

So I like to share a very short video of my friend.  she made me smile everyday. I hope she brings a smile to you too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVu1Qq_xtR0

to bad we can't embed videos on rendosity

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PVu1Qq_xtR0?si=goSn2NvM3q165-ae" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>