Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Question : Interested in animaitons for Poser ?

MotionCast opened this issue on Nov 20, 2023 ยท 20 posts

MotionCast posted Thu, 20 June 2024 at 11:06 AM

Hello,

Sorry for only replying now.

<<With animated poses, I hate it when body parts pass through each other, hands or feet distort, figure rises and floats, etc...>>

Unfortunately, these things happen. If your character is obese obviously the arms are going to go through the body or things like that.
It's something to bear in mind when buying generic products. I can't get behind every customer and go to their house to fix the problem, it's not feasible. ^^'

<<egarding this, especially at the time Poser 2012 was released as it had plug ins that would allow users to use an Kinect to capture BVH motion capture for Poser.>>

Yes, but at the moment I'm looking to export my animations that already have a squlette and are already finalised from Blender to poser. And I quickly hit a dead end. So I'd rather concentrate on offering my products on DAZ3D soon, and I think that's feasible.

<<You had mentioned that this is not worth your time, and I hope I misunderstood. I can understand wanting to prioritize "creating Content" over time to troubleshoot and edit - but troubleshooting and editing is part of content creation.  If what you really mean is you would rather prioritize creating the default content for whatever software you currently support and Poser users are an afterthought that will either get a less polished product - then perhaps it is not an endeavor worth pursuing as it could go very badly.>>

You can rest assured that I respond to all my clients.
And indeed I prefer to propose nothing than to propose animations which are not functional.

However, when someone comes to ask me, for example, that on Unity, as their project uses a particular add-on, then suddenly, for a very specific reason, my animations don't behave as they should.....
I can't help people with this sort of thing, you have to be reasonable...

And likewise, the reality is that if I were only present on one site, it would be impossible to make a decent living from it. So if I want to continue to be present I have no choice but to be present on more Marketplace. Within reason, of course.

In the meantime, it's still possible that I'll be offering my animations for DAZ3D in the near future.
Unfortunately for Poser this is not planned.