Forum: MarketPlace Customers

Subject: Ordinary members no longer valued?

ajmilton opened this issue on May 06, 2024 ยท 12 posts

ajmilton posted Fri, 28 June 2024 at 5:04 PM

Thanks for the various comments but I still think that the levels of discount (and perceived value) available to ordinary members has got worse in recent weeks/months.  I havent seen any promotions recently where ordinary members can get 70% - whereas previously there were.  Yes - Monday Madness is now 60% - but its pretty much the same products recycled every few weeks.

And lets face it - we all know that pretty much all sellers will have a 50% discount event fairly often - so 50% is the baseline expectation.  Now some of the weekly events offer us a massive 40% - so why on earth are we going to bother even looking?  We will just wait for 50% or better.  And its not just about percentages - because of course the notional full price makes a difference.  Its also about actual buying price per product - for a given type of product.  Some Renderosity sellers offer competitive items when you look at what you get compared both to other Renderosity sellers and the other marketplaces.  But I also know if I sit and wait patiently for the right events in certain other places I will get 75-85% discount and an actual price that meets my budget.

Over the last couple of years I have spent a few hundred dollars here at Renderosity and some of my all time favorite 3D vendors are here. BUT.... I have spent at least 10 times that amount elsewhere because I see greater value for money elsewhere.  I'm not disrespecting the amount of time and effort that content creators put into their work - I admire their hard work. It's just simply that many items here are not competitive in the broader marketplace.  (And I'm only talking about Daz - as I'm not a Poser user)