Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: It's quiet. Almost too quiet.

FirstBastion opened this issue on Feb 01, 2024 ยท 113 posts

Torquinox posted Sun, 30 June 2024 at 11:08 AM

Until the site becomes a bit less stingy with their sales, I'm still only buying a select few items. They used to be less stingy, and I used to buy a whole lot more. And yes, site reps here know what I think - I've explained in excruciating detail. Meanwhile, DAZ site still gets the bulk of my content $$.

@Sven_Dullah Glad you're enjoying the Finnish summer! Daz site is Daz site, just like Rendo is Rendo. Both have their issues. Re: Renders: a lot of renders are, "Look at this cool product!" such that it could be a promo. A lot of the nudes, especially, are presentations of the figure. Yet, the product in the render is usually not exactly the product - This figure with that skin, changed the appearance with morph dials. Pose the figure, add hair, makeup, background, etc. Is that enough? Maybe making the render individually artistic and expressive means doing something more transformative to it. What will that entail? Maybe it also means adding narrative content - Putting the product to use in service of a story. Even then, it could still look like a promo. Making art is never *that* easy. We all do our best.

@FirstBastion Those folks are having fun. Cheers to that!