Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Nova New Character morphs and Creations

tchamberlain2 opened this issue on Jul 05, 2024 ยท 41 posts

primorge posted Sun, 07 July 2024 at 2:16 PM

randym77 posted at 7:18 PM Sat, 6 July 2024 - #4487111

Interesting. It does seem like there could be issues with DAZ, if she's a Genesis 8 clone. Can she use Genesis morphs, textures, or clothing?

No. There's been subtle, and not so subtle, changes to the UVs and mesh. Not to mention that many features of Nova are broken; specifically the dependencies related to cross talk with conforming lashes and brows and facial rigging. The figure is not compatible with Poser IK due to the rigging and body part naming conventions. There's also some weightmapping issues with the conformers.

A few years ago I created a bunch of fixes to address some of the issues, mostly fixing the cross talks and dependencies, and some morph packs and scaling features, and some V4 hair fits...

DForce Nun converted to dynamic fit for Nova...

Some of the custom eye scaling transforms and fixes to crosstalking conformers in action...

JCM/Conforming Pantie work...

Anyway, there's also a bunch of unfinished character, JCM morph files, fits that I was working on. Because the figure is so handicapped by no working IK, which is important to my particular Poser usage, and can't be fixed unless an overhaul of rigging and naming is done, I just shelved work with the figure. I've been actually working on my own peculiar sort of elaborate figure for the past year that's coming along nicely, tinkering being my main attraction to Poser, so I probably won't be working with anyone else's figures for a while. 

In terms of OPs work, he recently contacted me to share my smile fix work files, which I did share with him. Also a request to share the remainder of my various packs that I created as freebies for Nova. Considering that OP seems inclined to draw a profit and Kudos from his work on Nova (You'll need significant knowledge of Poser dependencies, value Ops, and minor weightmapping tasks if you really want to address the myriad of issues... Let alone the whole Genesis clone issue) I've decided to take a pass on sharing my packs.

Apologies and best of luck, the character you're creating looks interesting.