Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Nova New Character morphs and Creations

tchamberlain2 opened this issue on Jul 05, 2024 ยท 41 posts

primorge posted Sun, 07 July 2024 at 4:14 PM

It works. It doesn't have IK. It's expressions are broken. It's relative to what you consider broken I guess. My version has fixed expressions. Unless it gets re rigged there's no solution for the IK. And forget genital options unless you use subdivision morphs, which in itself is pretty non workable really. The mesh is really low detail as you would imagine a Genesis 8 base resolution to be. There's no content. There will never be any content. Still, the figure has it's charms. Its charming in the way an indy toon figure freebie has its charms. Which for someone like me as a Poser user is viable. If you like fixing stuff, creating morphs, custom textures all for your own personal use and amusement, yes viable.

It's no "contender" in other words. Although at this point the pool is so small it's moot I suppose.

If I were OP I'd release the character as a freebie and not invest too many pipe dreams in it. At least then perhaps someone would download and appreciate the work maybe. If it's even salable how many sales would it generate really? That is if it's even shareable as a full character due to merchant resource or IP considerations related to the textures. Alot of hoops and nonsense going along with commerce and working with/modifying premade assets. Compounded by the particular nature of this figure specifically. Phew. It's alot.

OP should have done himself a favor in this instance and designed the character with Antonia as a base. Figure is open source 100% (with attribution, and NOT the textures, a big one there). Just some rambling thoughts, since you asked.