Forum: Poser 13

Subject: Delay between rendering and returning to Preview screen

ReggieKowalski opened this issue on Jul 15, 2024 ยท 7 posts

Y-Phil posted Mon, 15 July 2024 at 12:47 PM

One thing that I've remarked over time, whatever the version of Poser, when it comes to its use on any Windows platform. 
This platform has never been and will probably never be really cool with any interpreted language, and Python is one of them.
This nasty slowing-down effect, for no apparent reason, becomes more and more visible as long as days are passing along.
Probably the result of Micro$oft inefficiency at correctly managing the ressources (memory fragmentation for example).

Shutting down Win10 has no effect at this point: to restart faster, it kind of reloads itself in a more or less equivalent state. Not as precise and complete as hibernation but that's the case. To check this: start the task manager (right-click on any free space on the taskbar), change its interface to advanced, if needed activate the performance tab and look down:

In my example: I've just restarted Windows 2 hours ago.
In order to re-init this, you must reboot it, which is different from off-on.
In my case, the processor is an old one, so that some heavy scenes are becoming a nightmare after 5 days.

Note that this does not affect only Poser. Even the browsers, especially on fully dynamic pages, may become totally unusable.
Funny case: when I was still employed, one of our biggest customers called me to explain that their web-based client application was running fine one all computers, except one. Upon checking its operating time: 157 days!!! wow, even if the lady was correctly shutting down her PC each days.

๐’ซ๐’ฝ๐“Ž๐“

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ

๐Ÿ‘ฟ Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
๐Ÿ‘ฟ Mac Mini M2, Sonoma 14.6.1, 16GB, 500GB SSD
๐Ÿ‘ฟ Nas 10TB
๐Ÿ‘ฟ Poser 13 and soon 14 โค๏ธ