Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: What's Happening at DAZ?

dbwalton opened this issue on Oct 23, 2020 · 76 posts

DarkElegance posted Thu, 18 July 2024 at 4:24 PM

I have lost all hope in the DAZ support and definitely in the forums.
I have at least 3 support tickets now open since last July.
One was a fairly important one about a vdb product(the entire render came out great, except the VDB which looked like it was in minecraft! And to this day, I can't get it to work. No matter how ramped up the settings are or what settings I use. It comes out horrifically pixelated as it it was an 8 bit graphic). Another was about a set of eyes…that after posting in technical, found out the issue has been reported since 2018, and they do not fix it nor reply to support.
As for the forums? I made the very sad mistake of making a post(and yes I have the screenshot) of saying (in regard to IP rights and fan products) "Some companies will go after you, some wont."
I mentioned it tends to be based on how close visually an item was.
(seriously, the post was about 3 lines. Not even a paragraph)
This got my post removed and a warning. (I kid you not). I then tried to post again, to get a warning that my posts were being moderated. I wrote to the admins as I went through the TOS and -nothing- was in there about this kind of post. To be told, "Its not explicitly in the TOS, but its the moderators feeling that it was inappropriate"
So basically, even if something is not against ToS, they can just remove it and warn you. Leaving customers not even knowing what is and isn't allowed to be said.
Needless to say, I stopped posting to their gallery and have seriously cut down what I purchase. I purchase items that I can not find on other sights now. But due to some of their issues with pricing, discounts, and replies from the forums...I have given it a skip on purchasing some items. Which, I know, hurts the artist more than the site. Which I dont like to do but...

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission open.