Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: What's Happening at DAZ?

dbwalton opened this issue on Oct 23, 2020 ยท 76 posts

DarkElegance posted Thu, 18 July 2024 at 4:31 PM

Timberoo posted at 2:45 PM Wed, 22 November 2023 - #4478052
ronaldknights posted at 5:48 PM Mon, 23 October 2023 - #4476711

I'm disappointed that there are very few male clothes for Genesis 9. I don't want pirates, etc. I don't do female pinups either. DAZ made a big claim that Genesis 9 males could wear female clothes. I posted that this wasn't realistic. They deleted my post.

The marketing of Genesis 9 as unisex is wishful thinking. The reality is that vast majority of content for the figure is what I would consider to be traditionally female clothes. Lots of high heels, blouses, skirts, lingerie and the like. When something is modeled after a men's garment it usually is lacking the details, like a collar band on a men's woven collared button up shirt.

Genesis 9, whether by intent or without realizing it, is optimized for the Daz3D volume customers - people who render women with breasts. The mesh has baked in cleavage between and under the breasts that I haven't seen anyone ZBrush away. 

It makes sense that their largest customer base would be their main focus, but they really don't like anyone saying that in the forums. 

Gen9 is a pain. I have just about every morph package/correction package, and the under arms particularly are a pain.
I have yet to use it in a single render.

Also, the lack of realistic items is getting annoying. We all know about the "Naked vicki in a temple" Trope....but we are now in 2024 and it's not all breasts and latex now.
Trying to find realistic military gear for a female is a joke. Trying to find a fantasy outfit that doesn't have her running in high heels is like finding a needle in a haystack. (Trust me when I say, you are -not- going to run over cobblestone streets in stilettos. I live in Scotland, and cobblestones are the death of high heels)
I love the female form, but there is a time when you dont want her breast on display and her looking like a pin-up.
And I also have to agree with the lack of sufficient male items.

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission open.