Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: What's Happening at DAZ?

dbwalton opened this issue on Oct 23, 2020 · 76 posts

DarkElegance posted Sun, 21 July 2024 at 8:36 PM

gohanf22 posted at 11:24 AM Sun, 21 July 2024 - #4487525

DAZ Moderators are now even closing threads now.  I posted a thread about when Gen 9 to Gen 8 Conversion tool is coming cause I WILL NOT support Degeneracy ever.  That model is a clear pandering tactic.  I can't wait till i really start learning Blender/Lightwave/Zbrush cause I will leave DAZ and let it just sink...

Tired of this bs...

Yes they do!
There was one about the legality of the “fan” products and the ED licence.  People were getting removed left, right, and centre. Then after they released a whole swarm of plain ole rip-offs, they finally (I think it got to 18 pages) Just removed the entire thread.

Many of us just wanted to know if the complete copies were actually working with the companies that own them, or if they were just plain ole rip-offs. That was it! Just “hey is it legal for you to do this” (particularly with Star Wars, Star Trek, Project red/cyberpunk/edge runner, etc) I suggested that “Perhaps they can say “made in conjunction with/in partnership with” so customers know it is ok to purchase(as they have had to remove things in the past)
And did they answer? NOPE. Did they penalize customers asking? YES, and removed/warned them for “insinuating daz had done something wrong” and then they just removed the thread all together.

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission open.