Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: What's Happening at DAZ?

dbwalton opened this issue on Oct 23, 2020 · 76 posts

DarkElegance posted Mon, 22 July 2024 at 11:44 AM

RedPhantom posted at 7:07 AM Mon, 22 July 2024 - #4487540

While I can see them not wanting a bunch of questions about the legality of their products posted in their forums, if it were licensed you would expect them to post that in the description. If someone were to report to Disney, I imagine there could be some trouble at least for not crediting them.

The issue was that the items were not “similar” but -exact- copies. They used the fonts for the genre/companies, they used trademarked names etc.
All we were asking was, "Hey, are you working -with- the companies or....?"

But no one ever got an answer. Then the star trek stuff vanished.
As I know things like the Tolkien stuff is -very- tightly regulated(and daz does not show up on their site as allowed vendors, nor does the daz parent company) it was something that should be asked.
The same for the Star Wars stuff. You need to be licensed to sell items that are associated with them. But again, no listing for daz or its parent company on that list.
If I am spending my money, I have a right to go "hey, is...this actually supporting the people that actually created it?"
I dont want to spend my money to then find out, it was useless.

Never mind I already ended up in a bother as I bought this armour(its nice too). No mention of any association with a game.
Used it a few times till someone asked "Oh is that a crysis fan piece"

Left me abit speechless. I was not familiar with the game. The moment I peeked at it, it is an almost straight rip of the game.

THAT is one of the biggest issues.
People being blind sided. Just post if it is in “partnership with” and guess what? No one is going to question it

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission open.