Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: What's Happening at DAZ?

dbwalton opened this issue on Oct 23, 2020 · 76 posts

DarkElegance posted Mon, 22 July 2024 at 11:49 AM

Torquinox posted at 11:33 AM Mon, 22 July 2024 - #4487547

Anyway, the unknown part of the EL license is, what's enforcement mechanism? Is Daz or another site going to lawyer up and come after a customer for selling pictures made with EL items? That would be interesting! Daz reps will not discuss that topic. Imagine that! And the related truth is, all the products of all the sites are available for (often free) download from sites that are beyond the legal reach of any US company. Piracy, plain words. I am a merciless bargain hunter, but I don't steal content. Yet, I know these places exist and I know of the limitation because I have accidentally found such sites, dutifully reported them, and been told the pirates are beyond reach.

OK I'm done now. Just had to get all that off my chest.

BINGO!
Just clarify! That was all we were asking.
As a consumer, we have that right!
Because I bet 10 to 1 if I went and made a site that was a straight rip of Daz, down to the logo they would hop up legally!

That and the bloody support tickets!
When an item has been complained about and filed since 2018...and NOT fixed..that is an issue a consumer has a right to complain about!
When I have outstanding support issues for just about a -year-...that is a valid complaint.
I cant use the items, I cant get my money back...makes for a valid complaint.

But what happens? You get your threads removed, you get warned, etc.

Here is the novel idea...
Just...answer the questions and the “issue” (not really an issue is it?) goes away.

Hiding? Deleting forums? Makes it look like they are guilty as heck!

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission open.