Subject: V4-Only Store?

freek2 opened this issue on Jun 02, 2024 ยท 26 posts

Y-Phil posted Tue, 23 July 2024 at 5:44 AM

JohnDoe641 posted at 11:28 AM Sun, 21 July 2024 - #4487526
Y-Phil posted at 5:52 AM Sun, 21 July 2024 - #4487519
JohnDoe641 posted at 5:11 AM Sun, 21 July 2024 - #4487517

freek2 posted at 2:20 PM Fri, 7 June 2024 - #4485893

DeeceyArt posted at 5:18 PM Thu, 6 June 2024 - #4485846

I wouldn't exactly call it proprietary sabotage. The same type of thing is true for graphics applications. Or, even office applications, for that matter.

I see your point, but I still cannot help but think it's all just a blatant cash-grab by DAZ: invent a character and roll out a ton of proprietary content, then when sales slow, invent a new character with all their own proprietary content, and repeat. It's just so exhausting [and expensive] to be shamelessly manipulated by this company time and again.

I'm really confused here. From what I'm reading it sounds like you don't use DAZ Studio so how can they be manipulating you if you're using Poser? lol

Also as someone mentioned, Studio is free, but all the base Genesis figures are also free, the genesis essentials are free, you don't want to buy anything... you can do that. G8 - 8.1 had five years where that was the latest and greatest figure in Studio but no one was forced to use G8, plenty of people are still using G1 and G2 without any issues. I get that you like v4 and that's all you want to use and that's fine but you're insinuating that a company that brokers content for their own software is bad for selling that new content for said software. Would you prefer that instead of innovating, they stick with a figure that was released in 2006 where content over saturation was v4's biggest enemy in it's later lifespan? I really don't understand where the issue is.

Each time someone mentions that the studio is free in a Poser thread leads to a flow of back-and-forth discussion comparing two products that are no longer comparable.
So please stop it, it's tiring.
As long as the OP can clarify his stance and explain the cash grab manipulation that's he's been suffering through, then there should be no comparisons made because it has nothing to do with the programs themselves, because I agree that the comparisons have been done to death. I mention nothing about Poser vs Studio and I say nothing about features vs features so hopefully it will stay that way.
The comparison speaks for itself "Studio is free, but all the base Genesis figures are also free, the genesis essentials are free, you don't want to buy anything..."
I know, I know: freedom of expression and I respect this. But those words here have too often been the starting point for battles of words.
Do you remember the complaint: "Why is Poser not free, at least for creators"?

๐’ซ๐’ฝ๐“Ž๐“

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ

๐Ÿ‘ฟ Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
๐Ÿ‘ฟ Mac Mini M2, 16GB, 500GB SSD
๐Ÿ‘ฟ Nas 10TB
๐Ÿ‘ฟ Poser 13 and soon 14 โค๏ธ