Forum: Freestuff

Subject: Simple toon pool (for Poser*)

3dcheapskate opened this issue on Aug 02, 2024 ยท 6 posts

3dcheapskate posted Sat, 03 August 2024 at 5:06 AM

Pool mesh - diving board, ladder, and water plane are all part of the same object (1,358 vertices, 1227 faces)

Closer view of diving board and ladder

Nine material zones (ignoring 'Preview'). All except the ladder and three diving board ones are UV mapped (by which I mean they have UV mappings that I deliberately created. The "non UV mapped" ladder, diving board, and previously mentioned boing text are actually UV mapped, it's just that I didn't do it - it's just whatever Blender did when I created them, which is probably each quad mapped to the full UV square)

The ground (material zone name mis-spelt), water, and pool floor are UV mapped from top view

The pool sides UV mappings were lovingly hand-crafted so that the Poser procedural Tile node (or indeed my also lovingly hand-crafted random colour tiles stuff) would work nicely on it. It's basically a cylindrical mapping from a point inside the pool constriction, manually adjusted so the tiling remains consistent.

And finally the pool edge, which is the 64 quads around the pool rim plus the bevels, is mapped to an 8x8 grid ! I did it this way so that I could use the Poser procedural Tile node (or indeed my also lovingly hand-crafted random colour tiles stuff) on this too.

The 3Dcheapskate* occasionally posts sensible stuff. Usually by accident.
And it usually uses Poser 11, with units set to inches. Except when it's using Poser 6 or PP2014, or when its units are set to PNU.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and HiveWire3D flavours (the DeviantArt and CGBytes flavour have been discontinued).