Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: V4-Only Store?

freek2 opened this issue on Jun 02, 2024 ยท 26 posts

JoePublic posted Tue, 06 August 2024 at 8:43 PM

"Personally, I find the idea of paying for a dozen models all with their own proprietary accessories galling - especially when the V4 model is already as versatile as I'll ever need. What would be really great is a place where all non-V4 accessories [clothing/hair/props] have been converted from any other proprietary model for easy and convenient use with V4."

While I can't agree with neither of the OP's statements, I do know exactly where he's coming from.

I actually do dislike V4, because of her magnet infested cr2 file and her weird bodyshape and default look.

I tried to improve her usability by weightmapping her 17K "sister"-mesh plus a ton of other modifications, but in the end I still believe that the original Michael mesh (And his "Mystery-Mate", the original Stephanie) are the most efficient, robust, hobbyist friendly and versaitile Poser meshes ever designed.

(And the original Vicky isn't half-bad either)

Of course it's 2024 now, and everyone is ridin' the "Photorealism" train by now (Only to be derailed by AI, soon, but that's another story), so no content creator trying to put food on the table for his/her family will ever touch those old and obsolete meshes ever again.

But as they say: "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime"

So I learned how to model, sculpt and rig in Poser, and I solved my "support problem" by creating a bunch of clones for my favorite meshes.

These are my "Stephanie 1-to-V3" and "V2-to-V4" clones, for example:

Thanks to their simplicity, this was actually easier than you might think, with each taking me roughly a day to create.

"V2-to-V4" is based on the V2P4Lo figure, so there are no original body morphs, but I could easily transfer V4's body morphs over, if I wanted.

"Stephanie 1-to-V3" is based on the original StephanieLo mesh, but I had to fuse her dual necks first to match V3's grouping.

So, except for that, bot Steph's and V3's bodymorphs are possible.

But in the end I made these to wear V3's and V4's clothing, so I reserve the more elaborate sculpts for the original figures.

Similarly, I have M2-to-M3, M2-to-David and M2-to-M4" figures in my runtime and several more planned.

ANYWAY.....

So instead of asking for converted V4 clothing, why not asking for a set of "V4-to-Genesis" clones?

I'm not a coder, so I don't know how easy/complicated it would be to get the Genesis clothing out of Studio, or load the .duf files directly into Poser.

But even if you'd have to do it the "Brute Force" way by exporting the raw object files out of Studio and then adding the rigging back inside Poser, a set of "V4-to-Genesis" clones would be a tremendous help.

Basically, Poser and Studio tech isn't exactly Rocket Science. A mesh is a mesh is a mesh and a joint center a joint center.

And even if I personally don't like her that much, I'm sure V4 is still the most popular figure for Poser users by a wide margin.

So I'm pretty sure there IS a way to get the OP what he wants (And probably many other users, too), holding on to the figure he prefers while still having a supply of new clothing.