Forum: Poser 13

Subject: Well, I opened my laptop, as I started a four hour flight...

MoNeart opened this issue on Jul 02, 2024 ยท 14 posts

ShaneNewville posted Sat, 10 August 2024 at 9:56 AM

"Umm sorry, to me that is a dumb point/argument"

Its fine to disagree and communicate that, but please do so respectfully.  The people running things have a lot on their shoulders and have to make big decisions.   We can discuss hot topics like scholars and philosophers right? 

Let me share an insane example of what I'm grateful Poser does not do:
Clip Studio Paint gives zero grace period.  No internet, no service. Instant loss of access for the perpetual license.  So even though its popular, think twice about making that your tool of choice for art or textures if you plan to get work done on vacation or while traveling.  You'll be out of luck.

But back to Poser I do have to wonder what the reason was for dropping the old activation method.   We used be able to login, see a list of machines Poser was activated on and it prevented too many activations if any attempts were made.  Did something happen?  Was it not enough?   But also if that's not something to discuss publicly for security reasons i understand.

If I had one request (while the current method is present), it would be for the default period be extended to 1 month
But additionally, if Poser has not been booting up at all within that period, may at least give 24 hours to find a spot to connect to before completely cutting it off.

Previs Dummies 2