Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: What's Happening at DAZ?

dbwalton opened this issue on Oct 23, 2020 ยท 76 posts

DeeceyArt posted Thu, 15 August 2024 at 12:47 PM

Torquinox posted at 12:30 PM Thu, 15 August 2024 - #4488398

As far as pricing goes, we as customers have been conditioned by the sales run on the content sites to expect certain discounts - We know those are possible and the companies must be okay doing that or the discounts would not exist. I will observe, at Daz site, the best discounts are on DO items - Daz paid the artists for their work and can resell the work in perpetuity at whatever price Daz likes.

Not all the time. I have the nasty habit of creating large sets (5 or more pieces). And I've invested in most of the G9 DAZ Original figures so that I can make sure that the clothing works well on every DO figure for G9. So there is a significant investment in time and money.  The first week of sales is usually the best week, and there were very deep discounts applied to a product I had in my own store (not a DO product) that sold multiple copies for under 2 dollars.  When 2-4 weeks of work results in under 200 dollars in sales, it really puts a damper on the passion of it all. I've cut back substantially on purchases and content creation since then. 

It's another form of "as if being an artist is already hard enough." That's what I meant by "biting the hand that feeds you."  I've been so discouraged by it all that the passion is just gone. It done flew the coop. And I'm probably not alone in feeling that way. 8-)