Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Tips on animating snake like movements

Uncanny_Film opened this issue on Jul 19, 2024 ยท 9 posts

ShaneNewville posted Fri, 16 August 2024 at 3:50 AM

Uncanny_Film posted at 11:14 AM Wed, 14 August 2024 - #4488378

Thanks everyone I think I got it now.

I do have one question. It gets a little tedious if you have multiple magnets. So is there a way to have multiple zones associated with just one magnet so I can have them all have the same settings?

Thanks

Ah sorry. didnt get notification for any replies.  But yea, what primoge sald.

As far as I know there isn't any easy way to do something like that.  It def gets a little tedious to manage all the mags. 
This isn't want you asked, but one little thing i like to do just to help a tiny bit is move the Mag under the Mag base in Hierarchy just so its 1 less thing to have to move around.

If you really wanted to go through the work (which doesn't seem worth it to me...but whos to stop you :D)  you could try to setup something with dependencies (if you right click any dial) and have like 1 master magnet and make it so any time you move one of its parameters, it would also change on the other magnets.  But you would literally have to set this up for every single dial on every magnet.  In most cases its better to just get used to mags and how they work and make the best of it, even as tedious as it seems.   Its still a lot of work to set the mags up for every scene you animate, but Ive found that it often gets done faster by just doing the work instead of spending time trying to come up with work-arounds.  Work-arounds are great though if you can find one that efficient.  This is something I learned working with (and I say this without a doubt) the greatest Poser animator to ever walk the planet. 

Previs Dummies 2