Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: My Poser has a "virus" named addonData, and how do I get rid of this?

Cage opened this issue on Aug 19, 2024 ยท 19 posts

Cage posted Tue, 20 August 2024 at 10:36 AM

Interesting.  The documentation would seem to suggest that my problem is actually that this absent addon that is not installed is still somehow running every time I open Poser and is saving its preferences on a per-scene basis, when I save.  I do feel justified in kvetching that addons seem like they may not have been implemented as robustly as they might have been.  But Sunfire is correct, in that I have been doing things sideways and backwards and not meeting the programmers' expectations for maintaining a clean installation.

All of this give me some hints about how to dig around for this.  Thank you, all.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.