Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: My Poser has a "virus" named addonData, and how do I get rid of this?

Cage opened this issue on Aug 19, 2024 ยท 19 posts

Cage posted Tue, 20 August 2024 at 4:13 PM

I have Python/addons/PythonShell, with poseraddon.py also in addons.  I also have a copy of EZMat, in addons.  That was a Snarly project, IIRC.  I'm going to zip up that folder and delete the original.  Now, some savetests.

[EDIT]

I see, you wanted me to check the pulldown menus. I did have Subdivider showing up in the menu! I dug through the folders and there was a copy of Subdivider in the PoserPro2012 installation. Why did I not find it yesterday? Bits are falling out all over the place. Dang.

Removing the 2012 addon cleared the 2014 problem. So apparently addons are loaded across versions, when the runtimes are linked. It's a helluva thing.

This has driven me nuts, and hopefully now it is fixed. Thank you, folks, for tolerating my bumbleheadedness.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.