Forum: Poser 13

Subject: Things you want to play with in Poser...

blackbonner opened this issue on Aug 24, 2024 · 74 posts

mmitchell_houston posted Sat, 24 August 2024 at 6:26 AM

I am committed to Poser because it has the ability to produce solid, consistent line art with its Comic Book Preview. Daz Studio does not have that (however, if they do come up with a solid OpenGL preview, I would have to reevaluate that). My main woe is not with the Poser software itself, but as you said, with the lack of deep resources for Poser's new generation of characters: LaFemme and LHomme. There just aren't enough clothes, props and poses to make using them a realistic option for me. As such, I'm still working with Victoria 4 and Michael 4 as my primary figures.

Before I can really start using LF and LH, I would need:

• More utility poses (standing, sitting, driving, walking, leaning).
• More ACTION poses (fighting, flying, punching, falling, climbing).
• Better expression collections (flirty, angry, happy, smiles, frowns, anger).
• More everyday clothes for different time periods (jeans, shirts, dresses from the 30s, 40s, etc.).
• An easy way to fit Vi4 and M4 clothing to LF and LH.
• Better hair for each figure.

I know it's unrealistic to expect LF and LH to get the kind of deep asset libraries that Vicky and Mike have. After all, V & M have been around for decades. But before I can start using the newer figures I have to have a reasonable expectation that I will be able to find the clothes, hair, poses and expressions that I will need for my projects.

- - - - - - - - - -
System: 
Alienware m16 R2 Laptop | Windows 11 Home | 64GB RAM |  Intel Core Ultra 7 155H 1.40 GHz | Nvidia RTX 4070 Laptop GPU 8GB 4608 CUDA Cores
mikemitchellonline.blogspot.com   |   Poser Noir Comics Tutorial   |   Illustrations Honored by Renderosity