Forum: Poser 13

Subject: Things you want to play with in Poser...

blackbonner opened this issue on Aug 24, 2024 ยท 74 posts

Rhia474 posted Sat, 24 August 2024 at 1:24 PM

DeeceyArt posted at 1:04 PM Sat, 24 August 2024 - #4488716

As far as materials go, I think SuperFly is entirely capable of creating good skin shaders.  So maybe it's the promos that aren't up to par. I really don't know. I would think lighting and render settings have a lot to do with promo quality.  

Again, I want to stress this isn't to complain.  I think we need to group together to see if there might be some sort of solution that would help relieve some of the stagnation. A figure can only have so much skimpwear. LOL

^^^This.  Okay, unfiltered Rhia on:

I lamented for a very long time now that at this site the quality of promos for Poser are FAR below to what the DAZ promos show. Superfly is PWRFECTLY capable of creating renders that are the same quality as a lot of the DAZ product promos are. I am really not sure why people are still using Poser 7 standard lights and backgrounds for promos, when those look absolutely horrendous, washed out and crappy in Superfly. Even for those who say they are creating Superfly compatible stuff. Overlit and over saturated promos abound and they are simply not attractive, period. Frankly, you can't sell beyond the same 10 people who still work with 2008-era stuff. Which is FINE if that's your target audience, but you lose those who'd look for something more in the line of what DAZ sells.

Solution 1: take a look at what is over DAZ now (checking the 1st page of most recent popular releases only). High resolution male and female figures with ethnic features, different ages. Monster features, fantasy skins, tattoo application the easy way--why don't we have something like the old one click tattoos wounds and dirt redone for current Python STILL? It's ridiculous. It has been lacking for almost a decade now. 'Apply a layer' is not really an answer when that needs to be done for each matzone and when solution for this has existed for Poser but hasn't been updated since the Python update for any of the products that featured it. Which I understand, a lot of those vendors left production, but why no one else (or, you know, horribile dictu, why the current owner of the program itself) has taken this up?

Solution 2:  Make. Better. Promos. Especially with the current tools for Superfly Poser rendering, there is no excuse for crappy promo renders, plastic skin, overused lighting. Strut your stuff, people, I know you do awesome work, because I use some of that stuff.

Okay, rant over. I really want Poser to succeed, but those of us who want it in the 21st century are swimming against the current right now, and has been for a while. The software is great, the content made for it is...well.