Forum: Poser Technical

Subject: Inordinately long time taken to delete recursively nested figures

3dcheapskate opened this issue on Aug 28, 2024 ยท 7 posts

3dcheapskate posted Sat, 31 August 2024 at 2:51 AM

I've never really been bothered about the time things take to delete until now, and it's only the apparent doubling in time per additional nested figure that piqued my curiosity... that and the possibly related Poser crashing. So I'm mainly wondering why the deletion time appears to double for each additional nested figure, and it definitely appears to double - I did another quick test while I was working on progressively larger stacks, estimated the deletion time with the old-school counting "one thousand two thousand..." approach:

10 nested figures (40 books) - about 10s
11 nested figures (44 books) - about 22s
12 nested figures (48 books) - about 38s
13 nested figures (52 books) - about 84s

For 14 nested figures I deleted the top half first (a few seconds) and then the rest (another few seconds).

Thanks for the suggestion too. I've used Scene Fixer quite a lot in the past and found it, like all Snarlygribbly's stuff, very useful. 

The 3Dcheapskate* occasionally posts sensible stuff. Usually by accident.
And it usually uses Poser 11, with units set to inches. Except when it's using Poser 6 or PP2014, or when its units are set to PNU.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and HiveWire3D flavours (the DeviantArt and CGBytes flavour have been discontinued).