Forum: Poser 13

Subject: Things you want to play with in Poser...

blackbonner opened this issue on Aug 24, 2024 ยท 74 posts

blackbonner posted Sat, 14 September 2024 at 8:45 AM

Hi fellow Poser User,
I'm glad this tread is continue to draw attention.
So far there are very reasonable postings and suggestions coming in.
I learned that I'm obviously not the only one who is missing a thing or two to be available in Poser.
I take that as a positive sign and a driving reason to go further.

I completely agree with what Ohki wrote.
The lack of content creators is Posers biggest weakness.
The question is, how can we brew, cook, bake or breed new one?
One answer could be to make it easier for people to start making content.
Poser already made major steps in that direction by having Poser Fusion for the big player in Modeling and content creation.
That's sadly history and it seems it's not making a comeback.
Me for example had purchased the C4D r12 back in 2010 initially because it was a great way of creating things and exporting them into Poser at the right scale, but also import entire projects animations right into C4D which had, at that time, the better render engine and was way quicker.
In my opinion, it is long overdue to have this kind of interconnection to Blender.
Another solution of the problem would be to create a "school" for new creators, with older and accomplished Poser Content creator as tutors.
To have an idea in mind and to get it into Poser is a bumpy ride, that I know from experience.
I was almost willing to quit the project (the diving suit for LaFemme) because I failed in almost every step of that journey.
It was the help of the community here on Rendo, but also me asking questions and keeping ask to get to the buttom of the barrle.
I guess, some of my questions were pretty much answered a gazillion times and some of you thought this guy is annoying as f, but at the end I released a product which was at least downloaded a few times.
How much more easier it would be to have a forum that is dedicated to upcoming creators who had concepts for content, but not the skills to make it happen.
I know that there are objections to that idea because some of you have bills to pay and content to sell. To give advice to others could harm your business, I understand that.
Coming from a philosophy of free and open source software and being an advocate for the Linux OS, my first priority in this regard is to keep Poser alive and well.
That's why all of my content is and will be free to use.
To make that clear, that's my opinion and I know that you most certainly have yours as well.
The question is, how can we work together to make our favorite software stay in business and getting better.
If you like to discuss some of the ideas that are being brought up, I'm happy to join in.

One thing to what Ohhi said about Lafemme, the images I create with LaFemme are mostly adult entertainment.
The audience I offer my images to is quick to point out flaws of a figure  and that in a rather harsh way.
Since I stopped using V4 and start using LaFemme, creating clothing and body morph for here, I had not one complained, like at all.
Instead I get likes, Images are shared and the comments are positive.
The interesting part is, no one seems to know that LaFemme and Poser exist.
That's another field the needs to be addressed I think.
I made it a habit to name the things I use to create my images to every posting.
This credits have stirred a few reactions, people who had heard that Poser is out of business are surprised to see that this is far from truth.
So, I think with every little step we make, we are getting better and that counts, at least to me.
The worse thing we can do is doing nothing.