Forum: Poser 13

Subject: Things you want to play with in Poser...

blackbonner opened this issue on Aug 24, 2024 ยท 74 posts

hborre posted Sat, 14 September 2024 at 11:19 AM

Rhia474 posted at 9:43 AM Sat, 14 September 2024 - #4489294

OK, I'll be unfiltered again, and I apologize ahead of time if this comes across as harsh or rude.

It's simple. There are no tutorials or lessons from the ground up for a beginner content creator to start. I looked.

All existing tutorials (very few) assume you have knowledge already. If I just want to start--there is absolutely nothing like Blender's 'donut tutorials'. Nothing. nada.

Until that is done, don't expect people to line up to make content. I would love to, but absolutely have nothing to start with. The existing creators and owners of poser, for some reason,. don't think that creating tutorials is feasible, possible, or important. I don't know why. Perhaps someone can explain.

As to why no one knows this exists--it's marketing, marketing and marketing. Even on its own page, Poser is relegated to the back of the scroll on the top and often no products for it show on the banner. If you go to the main page, right now and look: does it say proudly at the top of the page: 'hey, this is the home of Poser'? Nope. Does it show La Femme2 as its flagship figure? Nope again. It has generic 'this is a content marketplace, unlock your creativity' on. How many of those renders on the main landing page are made in Poser?

I work for a large company. If our flagship products, the ones we OWN, were not advertised in huge banners and explained it detail on our main page... 

I agree with you.  The best-kept secrets are locked up in a vault where nobody has the key.  If there were a communal tutorial center with vendors sharing their time and talent, not afraid of a little competition, we would probably see different types of content freely available to users.