Forum: Poser 13

Subject: Things you want to play with in Poser...

blackbonner opened this issue on Aug 24, 2024 ยท 75 posts

DeeceyArt posted Sat, 14 September 2024 at 12:51 PM

Rhia474 posted at 12:38 PM Sat, 14 September 2024 - #4489309

"Before you import your clothing into Poser, make sure that it fits around the base La Femme OBJ file, in default scale and position. Use your modeler or a third party grouping program to add groups to your clothing before you import."

Guys, I am an utter noobie. I have no idea what this means and how to do it. As in--how to I even model a piece of clothing? Where? That's what I mean--this is what a new content creator would need, I think. If that's not the level we have stuff for, and everyone who get s into Poser content creation already knows how to use whatever modeler they have used, great, I just bow out and conclude that it is what it is.

Thank you.

Well that depends on what modeler you are using, at which case you'd import the character's OBJ file into your modeler. Model the clothing around the figure. Those tutorials are above and beyond how to do the rigging, as it's impossible to cover how to model clothing in all the apps that are available.

Be aware, though, that Poser's native scale is teeny tiny. So it would depend on which modeler you are using to determine whether it accepts Poser scale or if you have to scale up when importing and scale back down when exporting.

It's actually not an easy topic to cover in one tutorial series. A lot depends on what modeler or other third party tools are being used.