Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: DAZ moderators are censoring ANY MENTION of g9 to g8 morph conversion

gohanf22 opened this issue on Sep 19, 2024 ยท 13 posts

Male_M3dia posted Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:05 AM

DocPhoton posted at 9:56 PM Thu, 19 September 2024 - #4489531

Might you have some screenshots or rendered examples Male_M3dia ?

An 8 or 8.1 rig is entirely different from the 9 series when exported out via FBX; # of bones, weighting, etc., so always thought it a bit of like unbaking a cake.

But doing the conversion within DS prior to, makes it a different story.

I don't have renders of the gens issues, you'd have to go back the 'rotica forum for examples. But the issue was not with the rig, it was with scaling for the rig. I believe if you applied the gens to a creature/character (like one of RawArt's characters or characters that scaled over 103%)  that was larger than the base G8M the gens would load in the wrong spot and be warped. Meipe did provide fixes for those characters that had the issues. The hot fixes provided may not be in the product but in the forum posts that address the issue. Meipe provided the breast solution for G9 (and i believe included it in the download... i'd have to redownload it and check) because it would be impossible to do every single breast morph because everyone tinkers with them and then some vendors do custom shapes as well.

I play around with the gens from time to time, but usually I use the base gens for G8/G9 and do my own custom morphs.