Forum: Photography

Subject: Wierdstop has a sweet idea

Slynky opened this issue on Nov 01, 2001 ยท 8 posts

bsteph2069 posted Thu, 01 November 2001 at 8:59 PM

Hi all, You know I was thinking of a digital calander which would just be viewed on the computer. Doesn't some company make one. We should be able to import our own pictures. Of course we would have to purchase the a sales liscence to sell mini executable files. But that should not be too expensive. I think Alpha is roughly correct for the printing of hard copies. On the otherhand I knew this couple which made ( or resold I'm not sure which ) "limited market" calanders for $10.00 US each a few years ago. HOWEVER they were B/W. I think we could decrease the weight of the paper and squezze the packaging price a some. It seems like it should be do able for say $8.00 a peice. That would leave roughly $6.00 "profit" using Alpha's figures. Especially if the labor is "free". But then again I've never worked in publishing. Should be a great way for renderosity artists to gain some advertising though... What was the price for the Poser ( or was it Adobe ) artists calender? I remember seeing it but I can't remember. Bsteph