Forum: Poser Technical

Subject: Custom pose files to retain JP info

Kalypso opened this issue on Nov 05, 2001 ยท 33 posts

nerd posted Tue, 06 November 2001 at 4:27 AM Forum Moderator

Attached Link: http://www.nerd.com

I've been performing in depth expiriments along this line. The only glich I can't seem to workout is this (Let me see if I can explain this in less than 10,000 words)

I've created a re-jointed Posette (Pretty good I think) trouble is, as usual all the clothing won't fit. I think, "I'll hack a cr2 into a pz2!" This works fine, except for the last joint on a limb. If the clothing has chest, collar, shldr, foreArm. The applied Joint setup Pose kills all the bend channels in the forearm, UNLESS you re-hack the pz2 to not contain any hands. (It is actually the hand related channels in the forearm that are messing things up.)

I've examined the CR2 with the broken bend channels till my eyes bugged out. I can't figure out what is broken, but the jointx, jointy, and jointZ channels are messed up some way so that the JE shows no channels and the figure no longer bends at that joint.

This is all fine for expert consumption, Just start with a all parts included CR2 and hack off the parts you don't need. I was hoping to release this as a freebie, but I'll be supporting it till !!@4 freezes over.

How do you convey to the poser newbie that the P4 leotard has Collars, but no shldrs? Use the wrong joint file and the leotard will be wigged out. I've also noticed that applying a joint file with too many parts makes Poser very cranky. Apply that full figure joint file to the bikini and you'll be re-booting in a few minutes. I can't leave out the otherpart_jointZ lines because I've changed fall off zones, angle, every thing. Really weird stuff happens then.

If any body knows a way around this let me know. I'd like to share CaMie and her joint files with everybody.
(This simple trick is turning into a real project)

In the picture notice that CaMie's collar movements effect the chest as they should. Hey, she can even put her hand on top of her head without breaking her collar bone!