Forum: Poser Technical

Subject: Custom pose files to retain JP info

Kalypso opened this issue on Nov 05, 2001 ยท 33 posts

dwilmes posted Wed, 07 November 2001 at 7:13 AM

Poser files are nothing but text files, of course, and parsing and manipulating data is what computers excel at, you could even say that that is ALL they do. Anything you can do to a highly-structured file like a CR2 can be automated, and nearly everything Dean mentions has already been automated, to the point where a PZ2 file can be created in seconds, half a dozen can be made before you can scroll to the lines needed to make one in a text editor -- especially with something like a 20MB Vicki file (which will be considered small in a year or so). I remember the discussion of MOR donor files a while back, but since I have never heard of anyone actually using one in a released form, I haven't bothered to automate it. I feel the whole JNT thing will be the same; interesting, but not used in the real world. I added it to CR2Edit the other night because I found the idea intriguing, not because I thought anyone would actually use much of it in the near future. Changing ERC ratios, on the other hand, is something done a lot while testing new ERC, and so it has its own window in order to be able to do it without other tools cluttering things up. Yes, you can fold PZ2 files together, but if they are to be realistically useful you need to have what they do in the title, and would quickly exceed the 256 character limit. MAP = swapping out maps, combined with MAT file creation in CR2Edit because the two go hand in hand. Transferring joint parameters between files has been possible in CR2Edit for over two years, and has been used by hundreds of users to create clothing, it is so commonly used that it has its own icon on the main screen, rather than buried in the menus. However, it is easier to do most of the work with the newer Make Master CR2 tool, which can create a stripped file from any CR2 (not just the catsuit). Then, in many cases, all you need to do is repoint the OBJ (click on it in the main window and browse to its location) Dan http://members.fortunecity.com/dwilmes/bump/texbump.html for WW tex and bump maps http://www.neca.com/~dwilmes/gallery/pics.html