Forum: Poser Technical

Subject: Custom pose files to retain JP info

Kalypso opened this issue on Nov 05, 2001 ยท 33 posts

Jaager posted Wed, 07 November 2001 at 11:52 AM

Dan, I know its frustrating. I am just used to doing this in EditPad. A CR2 is familiar territory now. I had to climb a curve, but having done so, it is the way that I know.

Actually, a combined pose file need only have a character's name. It is not necessary to list the traits in the title.
The real use I see is to define a character.

The JCM rate change poses are because I have about seven collar morphs that each need to be fine tuned to either positive or negative depending on the location of the figure in space. And it can be only one, or two that need to be reversed. With a pair of pose files for each JCM I can easily fine tune a pose.

I am having a difficult time generating much interest in MOR donor pose files. Sometimes, I think my vision of this is actually an hallucination.

There are a couple or three others who are starting to use them. The way they are using them is transparent to a user. It is with V2 characters - head morphs so far. The characters involve both V2 and non-v2 morphs. The latter are combined into a single morph. You get a face pose (.fc2) just as you would from DAZ, except, for one of the V2 morphs (Fox, Hag or Monkey -usually), instead of k 0 0.255 being transfered, the entire combined morph is. No one has to apply an outside morph in Poser, or from a carrier in MM4 or supply the character as a CR2, which is 3-4 times larger at least and usually fouls up Materials. The outside morph comes in as easily as the new dial settings. It is just a Big complex dial setting. It can be more than one outside morph (but I don't see why it would be.) If the character needs the eyes moved, this can be in there.

I tried to get this introduced through Blackhearted's Angelyna submission, but no go. This one has a combined morph for every body part, except hands. It would have been nice to set it up in a transparent way. But, it is V1. V1 has no morphs for forearms, feet or toes. I have morphs for every body part that can be used to accept the transfered morphs. In themselves, my morphs are just a name and text - no deltas. Their only function is to act as a host (receptacle) for morph deltas transfered from a pose file. If a cr2 has these morphs, then a pose file could transfer a full morph defined character - with a single click. (individual scaling, eye location, whatever can go at the same time.)

Lets say you have collected some face morphs: Veth, Sugar, Angel, Buffy .. You either have them on a CR2 making it huge, not knowing what a face looks like. Or as loose morphs waiting for you to apply in Poser when you get around to it, and again, you don't know what it looks like.
Now, suppose, you have each of these morphs set up as Veth.fc2, Sugar.fc2 .. and each with an rsr that shows what it looks like. The c2 you use it on is small. Instead of a 20 meg V2, it is a 5 meg Vic, with only expression morphs, and joint fixes (and JCM if you are of a mind) - plus each group has one more morph. It is empty, its only function is to recieve transfered morphs. ( With me, it is Body on every group but Head, on the head it is Faces.)
Every fc2 file, if you looked inside - would have the name: targetGeom Faces ... Veth.fc2 - is individual, except it is called targetGeom Faces. Sugar.fc2 is individual, except it is called targetGeom Faces.

If you do this, click Veth.fc2 - bang - the figure has Veth's face, click Sugar.fc2 and it has Sugar's face. I have over a hundred character faces set up like this. I have over thirty full body characters set up like this. You what Sugar's face on Veth's body? One click.

None of the faces or bodies are mine, so I cannot share them. A lot are V2, so each user would need to make a combined morph for each body group involved, transfer the morphs to a stripped cr2 and convert it to an fc2 or pz2. The targetGeom changed to Body, or Faces. It is not hard to do.
I will let anyone host, share the morph carrier with the Blank (host) morphs Body and Faces.
These same Blank morphs can be converted to P4, Mike, Dork.
The line = numbVerts - must have the value that corresponds to its group on any particular figure.

Generating interest in this has been like trying to push a 50 ton boulder. I'll be quiet now.