Forum: Poser Technical

Subject: Custom pose files to retain JP info

Kalypso opened this issue on Nov 05, 2001 ยท 33 posts

Kalypso posted Fri, 09 November 2001 at 3:57 AM Site Admin

Jim for some reason it's not that easy. I do edit the cr2 to point to the new .obj but because it's AprilSYH's new Posetter mapped to take Vicki maps something is happening with the material names since Posette doesn't have separate materials for Head Skin and Body Skin. Assigning these materials in Poser via the grouping tool did not work. Anyway, now I'm trying to learn more about editing my own pose files to make life easier but it's having the opposite result :) Here's my latest fiasco. I wanted to retain scaling information (figured I'd better get the hang of that first and then move on to JP's)only on the body, hip, abdomen and head. Here's what I did { version { number 4.01 } actor BODY:1 { channels { propagatingScaleY yScale { keys { k 0 0.92 } } } } actor hip:1 { channels { scaleX xScale { keys { k 0 0.98 } } } } actor abdomen:1 { channels { scaleX xScale { keys { k 0 0.95 } { scaleY yScale { keys { k 0 0.95 } } } } actor head:1 { channels { scaleX xScale { keys { k 0 0.97 } { scaleY yScale { keys { k 0 1.05 } } } } } Problem is it only affects the body, hip and abdomen. For some reason the head remains unaffected. I checked and double checked to see if I had it locked but it wasn't. No matter how many times I looked through it I can't see anything wrong, in fact I've compared the abdomen (since that affects x and y scaling just like the head ) to it and it looks the same, can it be like one line messing it all up? Would some kind soul copy and try this out please??