Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Bryce, Vue d'Esprit or WorldBuilder ? (CuriousLabs's special offer)

sulian opened this issue on Nov 09, 2001 ยท 14 posts

ronstuff posted Fri, 09 November 2001 at 11:52 AM

As for World Builder versus VUE and Bryce - I have them all, and MUCH prefer VUE for 75% of the work. World Builder is very unreliable, slow, cumbersome, difficult, but powerful if you want control of every blade of grass and every pebble on the beach. For most Poser users, WB is a frustrating waste of time. Either Bryce or View are better choices. The choice between Bryce and VUE is much more difficult to make, as both offer some great features. More freestuff (textures, materials etc) is available for Bryce, but VUE is more Poser-friendly. Ultimately, you might want both, but if your interest is in quickly importing Poser figures into different environments for quick rendering, then VUE gets my vote. Don't get me wrong, World Builder has its place in a well equipped 3D studio because of its ability to procedurally "grow" an unlimited variety of rocks, trees, shrubs, flowers, grasses (and much more) and then to "sprinkle" them about the landscape in realistically random patterns. But for most Poser users that is overkill if you just want a basic environmental setting and better rendering for Poser.