Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Help with Poser accuracy/coordinates/units

chronic1 opened this issue on Nov 16, 2001 ยท 9 posts

chronic1 posted Sun, 18 November 2001 at 10:19 PM

Through experimentation, I have come to the same conclusion as well. When I imported the 3ds file (exported from Poser) into AutoCAD, the ideal female model was approx 0.70 inches in height. I referenced my architectural graphic standards book for anthropometric data and it states this: for standing height (female) 70.4 inches - large - 97.5 percentile 65.6 inches - average - 50 percentile 60.6 inches - small - 2.5 percentile Knowing this I calculated a scale factor of 100 (0.70 x 100 = 70). In a previous posting by Grey_cat, he stated a scale of 1/8"=1'-0", which equates to a scale factor of 96. The difference between using 96 and 100 is minimal, and for most projects would probably not be noticeable. For scenes with multiple people models, a bit of variation in height/size is desirable, not to mention a bit more realistic. Wouldn't the world be boring if we were all the same size? Although I would imagine finding and buying clothes that fit would be a bit easier (I'm 6'5" and finding clothes is a bit of a pain).