Forum: Carrara

Subject: Poser 4 to Ray Dream

Cage opened this issue on Dec 12, 1999 ยท 13 posts

ClintH posted Sun, 12 December 1999 at 5:37 PM

I went into Poser 4 and loaded up the Casual Woman. Set the animation for 3 seconds at 15fps totaling 45 frames. I did a little 3 seconds animation - she just moved her arms and head around. I saved the PZ3 file from Poser. Brought up RDS, did a Import and brought in the PZ3 I just saved. Make sure to note the duration of the animation and FPS that you used in Poser. When I brought in the 3 second PZ3 RDS defaulted to 2 seconds at 6fps..LOL. I increased it to match what I did in Poser, 3 Seconds at 15fps. Also when I Imported the PZ3 it imported a Camera and light. I went to the Timeline and dragged the "Poser Scene" up and droped it on "Universe" in the TimeLine. I then deleted the left over stuff leaving my RDS Camera and RDS Light along with the "Poser Scene". I setup the animation output (filename) and compression as well as a solid Background Color. Rendered and it worked! I tried the same steps with the P4 Nude Woman - She worked also. Seems that the PZ3's Import into RDS fine along with Texture maps. The only thing I had a problem with was trying to add a Poser Scene in RDS by clicking the little Poser icon on the Tool Bar in RDS. The default figure was kinda warped looking. His arms were all screwed up. I deleted him and tried to change the figure to something else and the Plug-In wouldnt give me any options. I think because I dont have Poser 3 installed. I told RDS where Poser 4 was but that didnt seem to make RDS happy since the figures dont seem to be available. So to sum up my findings. Importing PZ3 files P3 or P4 characters Still or Animations seems to work fine. Trying to add a Poser Scene from scratch into RDS didnt work properly. I assume it doesnt dig Poser 4 and needs Poser 3 for this to function. Cage - If I lost you anywhere make sure to speak up and I'll try to re-word it for you. Let me know how you make out on this - Please. I am very interested. I hope this helps you along. Regards, Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))