Forum: Vue

Subject: Vue 4.03 Update Is Out!

e-on opened this issue on Nov 21, 2001 ยท 35 posts

Joerg Weber posted Wed, 21 November 2001 at 5:49 PM

Well, it worked... kind off... While the Updater itself did work just fine, the update wasn't what I expected. First of all, my Vue suddenly changed to german language. While I am german, I would prefer my Vue to stay english, the way I bought it. When I have to exchange material with english users, it is better that way. Is there any possibility of me being able to choose which language the programm uses? But that is not really bugging me. What is bugging me, are the following bugs I have noticed or problems, which remain unsolved: 1) All my library names disappeared (There are neither material nor object-libraries visible in the material or object screens.) 2) All materials have been renamed to "Clear Day 01" and all descriptions have been changed accordingly to the description of the Atmosphere "Clear Day 01". Resaving the Materials does help, but frankly said, I have no intention of resaving a library of a few hundred textures. 3) The texture editor works quite fast and well - until you start using mixed materials. When you change to mixed materials, Vue's texture editor slows down to a crawl - or even slower. Textures that render in less than 5 seconds normally take up to 10 minutes to render (I did take time on this one - it was exactly 11 minutes and 14 seconds until the textures rendered when mixed. Both textures took 5 seconds to render on their own.) This point is very very unnerving as I am doing a lot of procedural textures with several layers at the moment (mostly bark-type textures for the trees and other natural, procedural textures.) I can't really say I know, but it seems to me, that the original 4.0-texture-editor was more stable and ran more smoothly than the current version. My system is a P-333, running a Windows2000, Servicepack 2, 224 MBs of RAM and 2 GB empty harddisk space. I have a 64 MB-graphics board (ELSA Gladiac 511, 64 MB). The system runs smoothly with 3D-Max and Nendo (which is very picky when it comes to Open-GL) Oh, and one little request: Is it possible to make the free-camera-rotation around the marked object directly accessible with the right mouse-button and maybe the ALT-Key? That would be very very helpful and would speed up at least my working-process a lot. Joerg