Forum: Vue

Subject: Vue 4.03 Update Is Out!

e-on opened this issue on Nov 21, 2001 ยท 35 posts

MightyPete posted Thu, 22 November 2001 at 12:08 PM

Exactly. I turn all that off. I work on the textures one at a time. If I can close the in use texture browser off I do. All those little previews is what's is killing you. I found turning the screen preview helped because that's one less thing getting updated. I try to make up my mixed textures somewhere else and just save them. You know same sky just a blank scene. That helps a lot. The less that you look at the textures in your final the better off you'll be.

My machine is no real push over. Not the fastest but at 1 Ghz AMD and lots of memory you would think it could keep up. I can still make that machine crawl if I'm not being careful.

That maybe a thing though with version 5 that can be worked on. Being able to turn off various previews so only the one your actually working on is getting updated. Or even making it so you can keep it from updating period till you click on it.

One other thing that could be goofing you up is multiple changes to a texture before the first change is rendered. Just think ever single change to the texture will be rendered even though only the very last one is still valid.

Don't let changes start spooling up. Then you have all those views open. I can see why your having problems. I don't work that way in Vue. Keep it simple or die waiting for it to finnish. Don't matter how fast of a computer you have or how much memory it has any rendering app can kill that machine to a crawl if you load it up enough. There is only one processor and it becomes the bottle neck.

Try turning off background running apps if you can and don't need them running. Some computers are so overloaded with work it's no wonder they crawl. JFYI I fixed a guys computer that has a whooping 178 spam applications ( basiclly spy ware ) running in the background that he never knew about. Deleting those sped his computer up by 4 times or more. There is lots of little things you can do to get better performance out of Vue. Keeping it simple is the easiest till it's ready for final render.