Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Newbie Question

EddyDamas opened this issue on Nov 27, 2001 ยท 5 posts

flip posted Wed, 28 November 2001 at 6:48 PM

its quite possiable that you'll need more psysical ram on board for what you've described You can't increase the applications ram from within the application - its a function of the operating system For the Macintosh PC: locate and single click ( highlight) the application (non-launched) icon press the command ( apple) - "I" keys ( get info) a window will popup with the application specific information increase the "max memory" settings leave about 10% of the available ram for system (finder) functions. If you don't know how your ram is divided up you can bring the finder up front ( click on the desktop) click and hold the apple ( top left of screen) and select "about this macintosh" it'll bring up a screen that'll detail the ram divisions for all your running applications. (screenshot attached) - easy for the IBC PC: Its been too long for me to go over that since I really don't remember I rather not "guess".If you're stuck with a clone - just say so.... I feel its safe to say that someone else around here will be able to give you for that info. - sorry that I was only able to give 1/2 the answer flip