Forum: Animation

Subject: Whats a good video editor for Poser animations?

farang opened this issue on Dec 14, 2001 ยท 11 posts

MikeJ posted Sat, 15 December 2001 at 3:14 AM

Hey, that's strange. I never come to this forum, but I did now, to ask more or less the same question as you just did. I was wondering about video software that will assemble image files as .AVI and .MOV. Really, I don't see much inherent difference between AVI and MOV, but it seems generally that MOV is smaller, file-wise. although it all depends on how you go about it. I personally HATE Real Player, in spite of the fact that I blew 150 bucks on Real Studio. One good thing about Real though, is that although a person can save the link to the uploaded Real movie, there doesn't seem to be a way to save the movie itself to your HD. Also, Real seems to stream faster than AVI or MOV. But I personally view the whole Real deal as being one massive advertisement. Plus, with Windows, evry damn time you open Real Player up, it sticks itself back in your Startup menu, meaning that it'll load itself at reboot. It makes Windows take slightly more time to load, and you have to close it out manually. It uses system resources in the background. Anything that does that, I'm going to despise with a passion.....