Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Just some thoughts....

rudipooimf opened this issue on Dec 17, 2001 ยท 31 posts

ronknights posted Mon, 17 December 2001 at 9:19 AM

dmtyler really helped clarify just what goes into providing free stuff. Renderosity doesn't host the Free Stuff. The artist/creator has to either find a Free Site or pay for the costs of giving away something. Now think of it. If you want to be generous and give something away, would you appreciate having to pay for your generosity? You've already given of your time and talent. That's enough. Some kind people have offered to donate some of their own web site space to host some of the free stuff. That is extremely generous. I have to say the sheer amount of Free Stuff at Renderosity still exceeds any other site I've visited, and I prefer this as my online community home. I've resigned myself to the fact that more artists need to make a living or pay expenses, and that more artists will "go commercial." I am very thankful that their prices are very affordable. I sincerely hope that those low prices will translate into "volume sales," and that the artists will receive enough profit to make their ventures worthwhile.