Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser for animation?

dlwaters opened this issue on Dec 17, 2001 ยท 5 posts

EdW posted Mon, 17 December 2001 at 4:55 PM

Hi Poser seems to get the best of almost everybody when they first try animating with it. I love it now, but when I first started I got so frustated that I actually grabbed the keyboard, ripped the cables off of my machine and threw it out a window.... Dumb ass me had to go buy a new keyboard after that one... luckily I didn't mess up my machine. But anyway to answer some of your questions. Poser defaults to spline interpolation.. which is based on a curve or spline. Linear is based on a straight line between keyframes and constant doesn't really have any interpolation.. the figure or body part only changes at each keyframe. Using spline interpolation is probably causing your figures to over run where you want them to stop. My rule of thumb is to use linear for anything that you want to keep in place...like the foot on the ground during a walk sequence. I also use linear on the head of characters when changing expressions. Spline does give you a more fluid movement, but IMHO it requires many more keyframes to control the movement of the body parts. I use Constant to fake visibility since Poser doesn't animate visibility by using the scale of the props. As far as your other request.. you might want to join the Poseamation group on Yahoo groups... most of the people that do much animating with Poser tend to go by there every so often. Hope this helps you some... feel free to send me a message if you have any other questions and I'll try to answer them. Ed