Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Adult Dragon Adventurer :grins:

Anzan opened this issue on Dec 18, 2001 ยท 51 posts

Lyrra posted Tue, 18 December 2001 at 11:11 PM

Anzan, If you're really picky about your dragons look at Bloodsong's DragonFactory. It's a construction set for dragons/lizards/dinos/reptiles. Different bodies, different heads, front legs, hindlegs, wings, extra tails, necks, and then you start adding on teeth, tongues, spikes, spines, fins, ears, horns. And of course almost everything has morphs on it. The heads are super adjustable and come with both highres and lowres versions. The down sides? since the legs/arms/wings/body/head are different figures parented together, posing can become hard. The texture mapping is per piece so it's fiddly to get the same texture showing the same size on all the pieces. Works a treat in Bryce though :) This is great for still images - I think animators would get cranky. I'm just sick and tired of the same old dragons all the time - no offense, but there's only a few out there. At this point I find the DAZdragon less than frightening. :) I think I could put together a beast that looks a lot like your sketch in about an hour or so - more to pose it. I havent tried a bipedal critter yet ... hmmm. Not a plug per se - but I've been making critters with it for the last four days - so ... :) Lyrra