Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Legal Question...

gothgurl6669 opened this issue on Dec 28, 2001 ยท 15 posts

ronknights posted Fri, 28 December 2001 at 8:24 AM

OK, I think we need to have some common sense here. Neither DAZ or anyone else has the right to tell your friend he can't give you his Poser stuff. If he doesn't need or want it, he can burn it or make paper mache dolls with it if he wants. Last I checked most licenses still allowed people to have a copy of their programs on two computers, as long as it was only being used on one computer at a time. That is only common sense. If a business man travels all around the country, he uses a laptop. When he's at the office, he might use a desktop computer. So big deal. Why should that person be required to buy two copies of everything? To be honest, I think each software company has their own ideas of what they consider to be a license agreement. When you install the software, you have only two choices. 1.) Agree 2.) Disagree, and don't use the software. (Of course if you opened it, you likely can't return it.) If I spend good money on software, I am not about to spen 10 minutes to an hour reading someone's long-winded license agreement. I'm not about to pay a lawyer to interpret when people can learn to speak plain English. Some companies, such as Microsoft, are not ticking off lots of customers with their activation scheme which will keep you from having Windows XP, and any XP product on two computers at once. Of course, they're only penalizing "the little guys" like us who can't afford to buy two copies of everything. Microsoft sarcastically offers us $10 off the price of the second copy of Windows XP. Thanks guys. As for networks, some software just won't work in a network mode. Or if it does, it is tricky. We have two computers networked at home. One has Windows XP, and the other has Windows ME. There are all sorts of quirky little things going on. Each of us has our own software installed on our own computers. We did have one program, Daytimer 98, that had network capabilities.. and we setup that way. But my wife changed her mind, so we killed that idea.