Forum: Animation

Subject: Ready to make a big $$ investment in hardware for animations, any suggestions?

farang opened this issue on Dec 26, 2001 ยท 14 posts

Deimos posted Fri, 28 December 2001 at 3:23 PM

Well remember Celron and equivlant, a low chache will kill your rendering from what I understand. Consider your mother board as well. As for the Dual CPU. Test show have shown that a dual CPU system can ofter out perfom a one cpu of triple MHZ. Thus 2 233 probably would do better than 1 800mhz cpu. The problem isn't so much the price as that Poser doesn't take advantage of a dual CPU system any ways from what I understand. Maybe a cheaper way is to look for lower poly count products. Mike and Vicky are pretty high from what I undstand put some hair and cloths wow vary high oply count already. It may be worth to make your own characters replacing bodyparts with clothing parts. 8 Lights is a lot as well. The props for the furniture to may be high poly. Taking the normals out might help make it render quicker. If you don't have a celron or equivlant I think your options are limited. Have a rendering computer and a work computer. Or rely on 3D and animation skills to lower the file size of your projects. I hope this helps.